Our client is is a modern boutique hotel in Galway City. A hotel which has a great reputation for excellent food and enjoys a relaxed atmosphere. They're seeking a new head .
Applicants should be from a high quality restaurant, gastro bar or hotel background, ideally a mix. Applicants will ideally have some experience as a head although our client will give serious consideration to those who have worked no higher than sous level.
The Candidate and the Role:
- Having experience in a high-quality gastropub in a busy environment
- Leader of the kitchen team - mentor, train, and support
- An approach that is hands-on and demands high standards
- Make sure quality & consistency are maintained
- Establish and maintain SOPs regarding HACCP, quality and cost control
- Culinary excellence driven by true passion
- Focused on both creative and financial aspects
- Manage staff, food, and waste costs
- Management of supplier and vendor relationships
- Team player - become an integral part of the hospitality team
- They should be flexible with their time as this role requires evening and weekend work
- The number of hours worked per week will not exceed 45
- Capable of planning, executing, and multitasking
- Traditional Irish food
Those with a true passion for food and quality should take advantage of this opportunity. Those who are interested in applying should send their most recent CV. We look forward to receiving your application.