A talented Sous Chef is required for our client's celebrated, and quaint, village gastropub in County Galway. Ideally, you should have a proven track record of leading a team and providing excellent food service.
The ability to work with large volumes of customers quickly while maintaining quality, initiative & passion for rustic food.
The average workweek is 40 hours. In terms of rostering, our client will be extremely accommodating.
The ideal sous chef will have professional skills in the kitchen. Good humor & a cheerful disposition are required of the ideal candidate too. This is a kitchen with a happy vibe and that's the way our client wants to keep it.
In your role as sous chef, you will report directly to the head chef. It is the sous chef's responsibility to support the kitchen's operations management and to produce excellent meals.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Ability to work under pressure
- HACCP knowledge at an excellent level
- Lead by example in the kitchen
- Maintain good hygiene, health, and safety in the kitchen
- In the absence of the head chef, run the kitchen
- Prepare, cook, and present dishes within your section in accordance with the specifications
If you are a sous chef who is highly skilled in their profession and has a strong desire to drive a business to its full potential while maintaining a great work-life balance, this is the perfect position for you.
To learn more about this Sous Chef position please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!