Our client is a stunning boutique hotel on the Wild Atlantic Way in West Cork, Ireland. It offers artisan cuisine in its restaurant, relaxed bar food, and a chic event space for banquets and small weddings.
As of today, we are seeking an experienced Sous Chef for their kitchen. You will report directly to the Head Chef and be responsible for duties such as -
- Assist the Head Chef in running a busy kitchen on a daily basis
- To assist with regular cleaning of kitchen and storage areas and deep cleaning if necessary
- To assist in the selection, training, development, and supervision of the kitchen team
- In the absence of the Head Chef, overseeing all aspects of the kitchen's daily operations
- Providing assistance in the development of menus
- Ensure the smooth operation of the kitchen as well as food service by coordinating and participating in the activities of all kitchen staff
- Keeping the kitchen inventory and equipment in good repair
This position would be perfect for a Junior Sous or Senior Chef de Partie looking to enhance their career. The right candidate can start immediately. Upon request, our client can offer live-in accommodation.