The client is a restaurant owner recognized as one of the best casual seafood restaurants in the greater Dublin area, and he has requested our assistance in finding a talented and enthusiastic Sous Chef. This job is very likely to appeal to someone who enjoys cooking seafood.
An experienced Sous Chef is necessary to help our client's kitchen team create a culinary experience that exceeds the expectations of their guests. In your role as sous chef, you will maintain a sanitary and well-stocked station in the kitchen, prepare high-quality seafood, and ensure that your specific section is well-maintained. When the head chef is absent, you will assume most of the responsibilities of the position and act primarily in a supervisory capacity.
Sous Chef Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Experience working in a fast-paced, pressured environment
- In the absence of the Head Chef, assume responsibility
- Providing training and development to employees
- The ability to cook and prepare high-quality seafood dishes
- Strong leadership abilities and excellent conflict resolution skills
- Taking responsibility for food hygiene
- Ability to work as part of a team, be flexible, and have excellent communication skills
- Managing all aspects of the kitchen