We need a Production Chef for our client's state-of-the-art production facility in Dublin.
The position of Production Chef requires experience in food production environments where you have been responsible for food quality, staff training, and budgeting.
This position offers mostly daytime hours, a well-structured schedule, and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and promotion.
You will assist in the day-to-day operation of the Food Production unit by preparing the finest produce and ensuring all items are ready for delivery.
With a small team, the food Production Chef will take charge of managing and leading them. This role is ideal for chefs looking for a structured, controlled environment that produces high quality products. In this position, the successful candidate will be rostered five days out of seven days roster, during daytime hours (generally Sunday through Thursday).
Benefits offered by the company
- Career development & paid training
- Employee Assistance Programs offered by our clients
- Meals and uniforms are complimentary
- The TaxSaver commuter ticket scheme is available
- An initiative for referring friends is available
- Parking is free
- Balance between work and life
- A minimum of two years' experience as a chef
- Catering experience is a plus
- An advantage would be experience working in a central production unit
- It is advantageous to have a clean driver's license
- Cooking and Preparation
- Labeling and sealing freshly handmade products
- Assisting with the loading of chilled products onto our chilled vehicles
- Participating in a team that is supportive and strong
- Making sure that food is ordered and stocked on a weekly basis
- Producing the highest quality food
- Developing a food strategy for the unit on an ongoing basis
- Following standard operating procedures with attention to detail
Hygiene in Food Production
- Implement, maintain, and ensure that all records are completed in compliance with the company's procedures, E.H.O, Q.A, and H.A.C.C.P requirements
- Keep up-to-date COSHH regulations and PPE guidelines by maintaining a written cleaning schedule throughout the unit
- Be a role model for the principles and practices of Food Safety
Control of finances and stock
- Budget-based cost management
- In the kitchen, keep an eye on expenditures and maintain an efficient budget control
- Ensure that the stock is kept at an acceptable level to cover food, cleaning products, and crockery by maintaining strict control of orders, rotations, and ordering
- Stock must be stored securely and accurately according to delivery procedures, and records and stock checks must be performed on time
Safety and Health
- Make sure all staff members are aware of their responsibilities when it comes to following the Health & Safety systems in the kitchen, as per company standards
- Working safely in accordance with health and safety legislation
Development and Training
- Taking part in the performance management process for kitchen personnel
- Maintain compliance with all company policies, procedures, and standards
- Lead by example and promote a positive attitude towards work
To learn more about this Production Chef position please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!