An award-winning hotel in County Cavan is seeking a Chef de Partie to join its kitchen team. The successful candidate will receive a strong package, perks, and an industry-leading development program.
In your role as Chef de Partie, you will be a member of the kitchen and food service team within the Hotel and report directly to the Head Chef and Executive Chef. Align your work towards the constant delivery of our client's core values and mission.
The role objective;
In your role as Chef de Partie, you will provide exceptional food service in a customer-focused environment. A minimum of four years kitchen experience, preferably in the hotel industry, is required for the successful candidate. (non-hotel experience does not disqualify) You will possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and will enjoy building positive relationships.
Among the key duties are;
- Ensure that all dishes within the area of responsibility are prepared, cooked, and presented according to the correct menu specification with regard to quality and quantity.
- Developing new dishes and menus with the sous chef and head chef
- Make sure you and your team follow the rules of health and safety in regard to food hygiene
- Maintaining profit margins by monitoring portion control and waste management
- Calculating portion sizes and ingredients for dishes
- Deliveries and rotation of stock
- Ensure that food is prepared as per recipes and cooking standards.
- To identify and report promptly any problems with food quality
- To keep all storage areas clean, ventilated, and at the right temperature.
- To ensure that all food items are stored in the correct conditions according to their type.
- In this role, flexibility with working hours is essential.
- Hardworking, reliable, and able to work in a fast-paced kitchen alongside a friendly team.
- Performing other duties as directed by management.
The following skills and experiences are key;
- Having one year's experience as a Demi Chef de Partie or Chef de Partie
- Qualification in culinary arts
- Have self-motivation and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work independently.