- Manages all aspects of the hot and cold food service in the Kosher Kitchen on a daily basis.
- Will work with the supervising Rabbi/Manager of the Kosher operation.
- Will supervise, train, and coordinate the kitchen staff. Provides input on staff performance appraisals, recognition, professional and personal development and disciplinary actions while maintaining accurate records.
- Make sure that food is properly cooked, portioned, and plated at all times. Keep production under control and on schedule.
- Maintain kosher compliance at all times.
- Schedules production, orders food supplies from storage, and requisitions food supplies from storage.
- Reduces waste and optimizes the profitability of the food service unit working within budget guidelines.
- Ensures adequate staff coverage.
- Ability to read, interpret, update, and follow standard recipes. Monitors and tests the accuracy of recipes.
- Keeps the unit and equipment clean, sanitized, and safe as well as ensuring proper storage, rotation, and labeling of items. Serves and stores all foods at appropriate temperatures and times so they are of high quality.
- Prepares and leads cooking of a wide range of foods.
- Assists with various tasks as assigned.
This new opening is a big deal and if you'd like to get in on it please let us know, apply now.