Are you a talented kosher chef? Let's talk. We are working with our client on the opening of Dublin's first Chabad House, which will offer an informal deli/lunch option during the week (daytime hours) and a more extensive Shabbat menu. To design and oversee the food, they are looking for a head kosher chef.
If you love European and Levantine-style kosher food, this is a fantastic opportunity to serve Dublin's growing Jewish community. In addition to a rewarding salary, the job offers accommodation as well.
- Reading, interpreting, updating, and following standard recipes. Tests and monitors the accuracy of recipes.
- At all times, ensure that kosher compliance is maintained.
- Maintains adequate staff coverage.
- The unit and equipment must be kept clean, sanitized, and safe, along with proper storage, rotation, and labeling. Serves and stores all foods at the right temperatures at the right times to ensure their quality.
- Working within budget guidelines, reduces waste and optimizes profitability in the food service industry.
- Work with the Kosher operation's supervising Rabbi/Manager.
- Supervisor, trainer, and coordinator of kitchen staff. Maintains accurate records of staff performance appraisals, recognition, personal and professional development, and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain proper cooking, portioning, and plating procedures. Maintain a schedule and control production.
- Establishes production schedules, requisitions supplies from storage, and orders food supplies from storage.
- Leads the preparation and cooking of a variety of foods.
- Provides assistance with a variety of tasks as needed.
- Ensures the daily operation of the Kosher Kitchen's hot and cold food services.
To learn more about this Head Kosher Chef position please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!