Our client, a prominent gastropub in north Dublin, is seeking a head chef. It is an exciting time to join the property as it prepares to reopen and welcome its guests back. This is a business with an exceptional reputation for its cooking, especially seafood. There is also a vibrant function and small wedding business here too.
Head Chefs with a minimum of 2 years' experience in quality gastropub/restaurant environments are preferred. Ensure that you are an experienced kitchen manager as well as a talented chef capable of interpreting contemporary food trends and commanding a kitchen brigade.
This is NOT a distressed kitchen. The outgoing Head Chef is aiming to still be there to do a full handover, and the kitchen is otherwise fully staffed.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the kitchen, menu development, team management, stock control, and adherence to HACCP and Health and Safety standards.
- Overseeing the kitchen's daily operations.
- Developing new dishes and menus.
- Coordinating food orders with designated suppliers.
- Interviewing new employees and hiring them.
- Maintaining/increasing the company's profit margins.
- Controlling stock levels and monitoring.
- Ensure stocks are rotated in a timely manner.
- Maintain health and safety policies in the kitchen.
- Estimate the costs of purchases and ensure they are within budget.
- Creating a work roster and taking care of the kitchen's accounts.
Experience & Skills:
- Excellent cooking skills.
- A real sense of creativity when it comes to food.
- Leadership and management of the highest quality.
- The ability to design innovative and profitable menus.
- A thorough familiarity with ingredients and produce.
- The ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Delegation ability is important.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a great employer; we strongly encourage you to register your interest by applying now.