Good news, not just for Catering Recruitment Agencies
If the catering recruitment industry, especially those of us whose careers are bound up in that of chefs, is in the mood for a confidence boost then our friends in the Irish Hotel Federation and Irish Tourist Industry Confederation (which will hereafter and forevermore be referred to on these pages as ITIC & IHF) have come along to brighten our day. How do they intend to do that? Through the tried and trusted route of an inspirational video. Go ahead and
kick the volume into the red zone and prepare to feel good again. Don’t worry about missing any important factoids I’ve got them summarized for you after the break.
- Frommers Guide 2011 Votes Ireland “Favourite Holiday Destination”
- Dublin awarded title of UNESCO City of Literature (only the fourth such award of its type)
- Ireland tops Lonely Planet List of World’s Friendliest Nations
- Lonely Planet declares Cork to be one of the Top Ten Cities in the World
- Ireland named one of the TOP Ten Places to do business by The World Bank
- 2011 Tourism will generate an estimated €5 Billion to the Irish economy
- We’re expecting 5.5 million visitors in 2011
- We boast Europe’s tallest cliffs (this is a record I expect we”ll be keeping for a while)
- We’re hosting the European Surfing Championships
- Our walks have been voted the Best in The World by National Geographic
- Guide De Routard declares “Irish dining experience is as good as, if not better than, anywhere in the world”
- Irish Bars voted Best in the World by Lonely Planet
- Voted European Golf Destination of the Year 2011 by IAGTO
- Nightlife voted top ten in the world by Trip Advisor
Special congratulations for Cork on that Lonely Planet ranking. It certainly won’t hurt the growth in demand for chef jobs in cork.
Some researcher somewhere has earned themselves a serious amount of praise, but as is always the case no data collection is ever really complete, a truism brought home to me today by this from The Examiner.
Ireland among top 10 in world for aviation safety
IRELAND has been ranked amongst the best in the world for regulating and implementing safety standards in civil aviation. The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) conducted an audit last year and placed Ireland in the top 10 countries in the world ahead the United States, Brazil and Australia. It is currently third of the 22 European states that have completed their audit…
Read more: http://bit.ly/e96e7v
I’m not sure if boasting about aviation safety is the done thing in a tourism promotional video but here’s hoping the Irish air traffic controllers keep up the good work, if only for the sake of the 2012 ITIC & IHF promotional video. Until then well done to all concerned. There’s more than catering and chef recruiters with a stake in the success of Ireland Inc, but there’s little doubting the hospitality industry, which we as recruiters serve, will have a major say in the pace of a national return to self confidence and prosperity.