Chef Jobs from TOPCHEFS Careers and RecruitmentSelect Chefs Jobs for Selective Chefs and Clients
We are looking to add a driven and creative sous chef to join our kitchen team at our Smokehouse restaurant in Sligo. In this role, you will work directly under chef/owner and will have a large amount of responsibility in our kitchen, including managing all other kitchen staff and ensuring all prepared food meets quality standards.
Sous Chef Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage kitchen staff, including providing necessary direction and training
- Assist with the preparation and design of food and drink menus
- Make sure that all plates that leave the kitchen meet taste and design standards
- Ensure that the kitchen operates efficiently, effectively, and professionally, in accordance with our high quality standards
- Take control to quickly resolve any issues or problems that arise in the kitchen
- Maintain kitchen inventory and order supplies
Sous Chef Requirements and Qualifications
- Knowledge of food preparation and Haccp
- Ability to effectively manage, direct, and lead a large team
- Strong communication abilities, with employees, vendors, and customers
- Problem solving capabilities and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Collaborative attitude with an emphasis on excellent customer service
- Time management strengths with the ability to multi-task
- 2+ years of experience as a sous chef
- Solid understanding of cooking methods, ingredients, kitchen equipment, and related processes
- Proven track record of effectively leading and managing others
- Familiarity with best practices in the industry
Don’t See The Right Chef Job For You?We don’t advertise every Chef Job we’re working on because we often have the right chef on our Chef Database already and so advertising the Chef Job here on our own Jobs Board, or elsewhere, is both unnecessary duplicates our work. That’s why we encourage you to use the button below to upload your Chef CV, or Resume, so that you’re on our database; that makes it easier for us to find and contact you when the right chef job does arrive on our desk.
To learn more about TOPCHEFS and to obtain full and up-todate information on the wide choice of jobs we have on offer call us on (01) 633 4053. In the business of managing your career, it’s the only number you’ll ever need.