Chef Jobs from TOPCHEFS Careers and RecruitmentSelect Chefs Jobs for Selective Chefs and Clients
The Druid Hills Golf Club is excited to find an experienced and enthusiastic Sous Chef to join our talented culinary team!
Responsible for day-to-day operation of kitchen. Responsible for overseeing club restaurants. Delegates task and duties to all cooks in food service departments keeping membership satisfaction at the forefront at all times. Instrumental in achieving current food service goals and budgets. Works in conjunction with the chef to set new goals and budgets. Accountable for food and labor costs. Instrumental in the hiring and terminating of employees in the food service department. Plans daily menus; requisitions needed foodstuffs; inspects portioning and garnishing of foods; supervises and assists cooks in preparing, cooking, and serving meats, sauces, vegetables, soups and cold foods; expedites line during lunch and dinner service. Executes all other requests delegated by the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
- Responsible for all menus and food products served in the club restaurants.
- Provide training manuals for each station and updating them prior to new menu rollouts.
- Daily inspections to make sure team is adhering to the highest quality of ingredient and method of execution to ensure member satisfaction
- Be visible in the front of the house with the members to form relationships and be accessible for their requests
- Hold daily lineups with the team.
- Responsible for weekly labor costs. With the Executive Sous Chef, manages payroll and paperwork necessary for new employees and terminations.
- Responsible for ordering and inventories through the purchasing team. Writes weekly schedules adhering to set labor guidelines without sacrificing quality of product or service. Submits Overtime to Executive Chef for approval.
- Communicates with Executive Chef and kitchen employees on a daily basis and updates them on day-to-day operation.
- Has effective communication with the respective Hostess or Banquet Captains.
- Communicates with assistant managers, banquet manager, banquet captains and servers on an on going basis to ensure all banquet functions receive the highest quality food items and service in a timely manner
- Oversees the taking of daily inventories of sauces, stocks, bases, dressings, etc. Establishes based on inventory and business forecast, daily production and assign production to subordinates by using their capabilities most effectively.
- Manages food production to ensure the highest quality preparation and presentation on a consistent basis
- Establishes and maintains professional standards of conduct and appearance at all times and manages by example
- Checks readiness of line prior to service
- Adheres to established food cost and labor goals. Takes corrective actions to ensure financial goals are attained
- Attends management meetings and holds kitchen meetings and seminars.
- Conducts meetings on a daily basis with subordinates to ensure consistency of product, highest level of sanitation and hygiene in kitchen is met.
- Delegate’s responsibility and authority to subordinates for specific tasks and follows up. Provides clear and complete instruction, states expectations precisely and uses subordinates capabilities most effectively.
- Evaluates subordinates, apprentices and externs on and ongoing basis and takes corrective actions accordingly. Follows progressive discipline procedures and policies.
- Reports any equipment deficiencies to maintenance at once or contacts the Executive Chef if of a severe nature.
- Prepares Performance Evaluations of all non-salaried kitchen staff and reviews with Chef and Executive Sous Chef
- Responsible for daily and weekly inventories and ordering.
- Maintains established purchasing specifications to insure the highest quality product possible.
- Completes assigned tasks given by the executive chef in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Performs other necessary tasks as assigned by executive chef.
- Is sensitive to member and guest requests and tries to accommodate any reasonable special request.
- Works in conjunction with the Purchasing Agents to ensure all items received are of the highest quality product possible.
- Prepares reports and performs administrative duties as assigned by Executive Chef.
- Writes, costs and implements menus in conjunction with the Executive Chef, according to established cooking philosophies.
- Initiates, builds, prepares, implements and changes on an ongoing basis station booklets, recipes, guidelines and standards for all food served.
- Presents him/herself in the most professional manner at all times showing his/her leadership and self control and works towards a common goal within the food and beverage operation
- Maintains a complete day-to-day knowledge of menus preparation and presentation.
- Manages dating, labeling and covering in walk in coolers and freezers.
- Maintains safety and security in workstation. Follows all proper OSHA safety guidelines for the kitchen
- Performs material handling tasks, which may require bending, stooping and lifting at least 50 pounds of weight.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A culinary degree or ACF equivalent is preferred
- At least 2 years prior restaurant experience, preferably in fine dining or clubs. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Serve safe certification is preferred, and/or has a sound understanding of sanitation practices
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to stand long durations, up to 8 hours
- Able to understand and communicate the English language
- Must be able to communicate effectively to team members and managers
- Possess a team member spirit and work closely with others
- Have a sense of urgency
- Strive to exceed member expectations
- Strong attention to details
- Anticipate needs and be consistent in delivering superior experiences
- Have caring and respect for all; act with the utmost integrity
- Able to do simple arithmetic
- Understating of how kitchen equipment operates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; possess the ability to learn new computer software
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per company standards.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the club. This includes nights, weekends and holidays. All employees are required to fully comply with Druid Hills Golf Clubs rules and regulations.
This job posting is not an exclusive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Druid Hills Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer and drug free work place. Drug/Alcohol Screenings, Background Checks, and professional Reference Checks are required. EOE/M/F/D/V
Don’t See The Right Chef Job For You?We don’t advertise every Chef Job we’re working on because we often have the right chef on our Chef Database already and so advertising the Chef Job here on our own Jobs Board, or elsewhere, is both unnecessary duplicates our work. That’s why we encourage you to use the button below to upload your Chef CV, or Resume, so that you’re on our database; that makes it easier for us to find and contact you when the right chef job does arrive on our desk.
To learn more about TOPCHEFS and to obtain full and up-todate information on the wide choice of jobs we have on offer call us on (01) 633 4053. In the business of managing your career, it’s the only number you’ll ever need.