Our client is currently seeking a full-time Sous Chef for their fine dining kitchen in County Waterford, Ireland.
Climate and weather have shaped their approach to food as it governs what can survive and grow. That's the foundation of their philosophy. Always precise in everything it does - from researching and creating recipes to cooking and plating food to the interior and service. This contemporary restaurant conjurs its magic using Irish ingredients that are both made in-house, foraged and sourced from artisan suppliers.
The position offers the following benefits:
- Two fixed days off per week
- Only five services per week
- Warm and friendly kitchen environment
- Space for self-development
- Compelling salary and tips
As sous chef these are the key skills/requirements they are looking for in you:
- To ensure the mise en-place produced is ready on time and to a high standard.
- Ensure that everything is prepared according to the correct recipe and the correct quantity.
- Ensure that all dishes are delivered to the hot plate to the correct specifications, quantity, and quality.
- Participate in training and seminars as required.
- Maintain your section in a neat and tidy manner at all times. Ensure that your area is regularly sanitized.
- To ensure that all food produced is accurately labelled and stored in fridges correctly.
- Depending on the Head Chef's instructions, some foraging will be required for produce.
- Report any maintenance problems to the Head Chef.
- Any anticipated shortages should be communicated to the Head Chef immediately.
- Each employee should be treated with respect and courtesy.
- Ensure that all statutory and company hygiene regulations are followed.
- Prepare plates of the highest quality both visually and gastronomically.
If you're applying from abroad, please remember you have to be eligible to work in the host country. All job offers, and even our ability to consider your application, are subject to this condition.