We have a Executive Chef Job in Australia that's both very demanding and very rewarding and seek the attention of applicants of highest calibre. Whilst this Hotel sleeps a relatively modest number of people the food and beverage operation is very large in scale encompassing three dining outlets and banqueting for over a thousand. This is not a position our client is willing to risk to anyone without a proven track record in similar roles at a similar level so we ask potential applicants to be realistic. A background in Four Star Superior and Five Star Hotels is a prerequisite. This isn't a job you'd want if you're not ready for it.
Here are some of the "must haves" and a couple of "nice to haves":
- Must have excellent banqueting experience
- Must have at least 4 years experience at Executive Chef level
- Must have experience in running a large kitchen team (40 – 50 staff plus)
- Must be a master of menu development and be comfortable crafting accurate menu costings
- Must stay on top of consumption levels through weekly stock takes
- Must have proven experience in multiple cuisines including breakfast.
- Must have an established background in labour cost controls & meeting targets
- Bonus Skill: Butchery
- Great communication skills
- A gift for leadership and mentoring
Our client is an established and highly successful operator in the hospitality industry in Australia and while this is a big and demanding role you'll have the support and the staffing to make a success of it. Furthermore if you're coming to this position from outside Australia be aware that our client can and will sponsor for a 457 Visa so you'll be taking your bow in Australia in a top role. Beats having to work your way up all over again, at least we think so. The salary on offer for this position begins at AU$100,000PA but our client is willing to go to AU$150,000 if that's what it takes to get the top chef for the job.
Due to the sheer volume of CVs we handle we cannot, in all cases, promise an immediate personal response.