Currently, we are looking for a Chef de Partie for a boutique 4* hotel in County Kerry. The hotel is close to the coast and yet it's at the heart of one of the county's loveliest small towns.
In order to be considered, candidates should have some experience in a similar role in a highly regarded property, one with an excellent reputation for food innovation. In short, to meet the needs of our clients, we need a Chef de Partie with a flair and a passion for good food.
Duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Assist the head chef & sous chef in preparing menus and specials
- Keep stock of all the common ingredients for each cooking station by ordering, preparing, and storing them
- Train and supervise junior chefs in best practices, cleanliness, and safety
- Ensure plating accuracy by checking garnishes, portion sizes, and serving dishes
- As directed by the head chef or sous chef, prepare and present the meals
- Maintain cleanliness and health codes in food storage areas and the kitchen
- Inform the chef of shortages in advance
The property is relatively small and will be open all year long, though summer is the busiest time of year. Hotel facilities include a banqueting suite, restaurant, and bar.
Besides having a progressive style and attitude, the Chef must deliver consistent, highly regarded food products and work well in a team.
This employer has created a strong package for this position and we look forward to your application to discuss further.